1. Creative and nicely-done thank you/good-bye note to Dr. Chiprany
2. At least one folded paper airplane to take outside
3. Last chance - themed bookshelf or class activity plan in minecraft
Monday: Build a lego structure, measure and draw it in ADI. Turn in lego structure and ADI to me. Remember ALL dimensions. Choice: work on getting the laser engraver to work.
Tuesday: Choice 1: Design a theme bookshelf. Use accurate dimensions. Draw in ADI.
Choice 2: Propose a lesson plan idea using Minecraft based on at least one IDD standard
IDD STATE STANDARDS
Wednesday: Speaker in 512 and free time afterwards in our room
Thursday: Independent Project Day: Update sheet will be due at the end of the day
Friday: Success and Happiness TED Talk; Model success for yourself in a geometric model that shows in a class, in a school year, in high school, and in life
How many school days are left?
Why are you doing your independent project? Not just because it is a large part of your final grade.
Today you must turn in:
1. Detailed sketch of your 3-D model or presentation with dimensions and list of materials
2. Rough or final draft of your freehand sketch
Remember the required project components:
1. Research (teach us a lot about our topic)
2. Freehand sketch related to your project (something you will be proud to display)
3. ADI or other electronic product related to your topic
4. 3-D model related to your project (something you will be proud to display)
5. A presentation on Friday, May 15, 2015
Create a single sheet of paper with an example and directions for each geometric construction. We will do the following together.
1. Drawing isosceles and equilateral triangles.
2. Inscribing in a circle: square, equilateral triangle, hexagon.
3. Dividing a line segment into n parts.
Then in small groups, work on adding to your sheet. Each person in each group is responsible for four sets of directions to share with your group. Finally, each group should create a poster per the directions to share Wednesday.
Geometric Constructions: Come in, get a pencil, a compass and a straightedge (in your drafting kit)
Mon: Copying and Bisecting Lines and Angles
Tues: Creating Triangles, Inscribing Shapes
Fri: Inde Project Day
1. Complete Survey
2. Create a medallion or piece of decorative art for Dr. Chiprany or for a favorite middle school teacher
ADI Test Thursday
Monday: Hand-drawing of medallion for 3-D printing (2" max dimension, .25" depth, clearly symbolic, use mirror/pattern/fillet/significant shape drawings) - DUE TODAY FOR APPROVAL!
Monday/Tuesday: ADI of approved medallion; choose one shape from page 2 of packet (BOTH DUE AS PRINTED DRAWINGS BY THE END OF TUESDAY)
Wednesday: Meet in 512 for guest speaker (after Who's Who Assembly)
Thursday: ADI Test; Individual Projects for Final Exam Proposals; start 3-D printer
Friday: Visit from Governor Deal's wife; finished medallion; measure and sketch our room; Sunshine on a Ranney Day