Tuesday Ticket out the Door: your computing innovation for the Explore PT - how is data used (input, process and/or, output)
How can we model computing in terms of input, process, output, and data? How do you think feedback could be part of this model?
What is Big Data and How Does it Work?
Link 1 Link 2 How Stuff Works Video Link 3
What is the Cloud and How Does it Work?
In your Abstraction Notebook:
1. Define: Data, Big Data, Text Compression, Analytics
2. Define Digital Data
3. Define Audio Data
4. Define Video Data
Using the ppt below:
5. Define input, process and output
6. List several examples of input and output devices
7. What is the relationship between data, processing and instructions?
8. Think of one everyday computing example that you see or experience. Describe it in terms of input, process and output.
What is Data Mining?
How Does Walmart Use Data?
How Does Google Use Data from Social Media?
How Does Google Search Work?