Ticket out the Door: your computing innovation for the Explore PT
How can we model computing in terms of input, process, output, and data? How do you think feedback could be part of this model?
What is Big Data and How Does it Work?
Link 1 Link 2 How Stuff Works Video Link 3
What is the Cloud and How Does it Work?
In your Abstraction Notebook:
1. Define: Data, Big Data, Text Compression, Analytics
2. Define Digital Data
3. Define Audio Data
4. Define Video Data
Using the ppt below:
5. Define input, process and output
6. List several examples of input and output devices
7. What is the relationship between data, processing and instructions?
8. Think of one everyday computing example that you see or experience. Describe it in terms of input, process and output.
Go back to your artifact and answers to 2a-2e. Add information about data processing and concerns to the artifact and to your answers. Be ready to share your artifact and talk about the Explore PT on Wednesday.
If you finish all of this, go to your personal website and make sure it has all the pages from the HTML project outline. Add a page for Digital Portfolio. Under this page, create a reflection on the Snap! project and a link to your video.
Using the graphic organizer provided and in the team assigned,
- select a computing innovation that is of interest to the team
- individually come up with input, output and transforms (process) of data; storage, privacy and security concerns
- locate, analyze and record the elements as provided on the graphic organizer with emphasis on how the device interacts with data
- as a group, discuss individual findings; modify individual graphic organizers with group findings
- provide a clear, complete source for all resources used during the project
- present findings in an acceptable manner presentation, poster, flash talk, visual display, simulation, or other).
|File Size:||42 kb|
Class sharing and discussion on the Explore PT. Share artifacts from the Mock Explore PT. Socratic Seminar on the challenges of the Explore PT.