AP Portfolio Updated Rubric for 2016-17:
1. In what way is your computing innovation an innovation (i.e., in what way did it substantially change the behavior of a population?)
2. How can you describe that population's behavior before and after your innovation?
3. Is there an economic impact? social? cultural?
4. How does your innovation use data? as input (consume)? as output (produce?) as process (transform?)
5. What is a security, privacy, and/or storage concern?
6. Which sources help you to understand and share the answers to the above?
7. What are the most important pieces of information you want your artifact to convey?
On that note ... we're starting our in class time for the Explore Performance Task. You'll have 1 hour each day that is set aside specifically for individual work on your Explore PT: that means no talking to others, no feedback from me as mandated by College Board. This week, you'll have all four class days except field trip day Wed, and you'll have four days of the week after break. I will also mix in other activities through this week and the week after we return from break.
We will upload your Explore PT to the AP Digital Portfolio in mid-October.
Some of the days, after the hour is up, I will give you time to work toward the 200 point project of your personal website. I am allowing you to do this in either html or using a website editor. These directions are below, and we'll discuss them on Monday as well.