Using the internet use data file above, work collaboratively to accomplish the following tasks:
FORMAT THE SPREADSHEET
- Remove the Average Monthly Disposable Salary data from column I and insert it into column F (shift existing columns to the right)
- Make the formatting to the header row the same as the Monthly Disposable Salary (use format painter)
- Match the formatting of the data in the Monthly Disposable Salary column the same as the rest of the data
- Calculate population density for each country/region
- Calculate Internet Penetration. Use an if statement so that if the Internet Users value is n/a, the Internet Penetration data is also n/a. Alter the format of the cell so that it automatically displays as a percentage to 2 decimal places
- Find the average for all columns and place that below the data (line 274)
- Adjust the scaling of the worksheet, (1 sheet wide by 5 sheets long), so that it could print legibly. DO NOT PRINT – this will be checked digitally
- Sort and filter the data to explore
- Notice patterns and/or trends in the data
- Develop 5 questions you can “ask” of this data
- Extract information to display “answers” to your 5 questions
- Create visualizations (charts/graphs) for each of your 5 questions
Using Google Slides, create a deliverable of your findings. The deliverable should include the following components and be submitted to Google Classroom, titled as follows T: Data Analysis-Names (example: Data Analysis – Maloney+Walstead)
- Title Slide — Title and both partners’ names
- Overview — Overarching question that can be answered by the 5 smaller questions and that answers a thesis statement about information as a whole.
- Question 1 — State question, display visualization that shows answer
- Question 2 — ….
- Question 3 — ….
- Question 4 — ….
- Question 5 — ….
- Conclusion to be made for your thesis statement
- References — provide links to your sources used including the URL of the data set